Electronic cigarettes are better than normal cigarettes in so many ways, but what the verdict is still out there. Although it has been proven by several scientific journals, there had been contrasting reports from FDA and Health Canada limiting or even banning their use due to health concerns.
Breaking Down an E-Cigarette
An electronic cigarette contains three major parts, namely: the cartridge, atomizer and the power supply. Here are the parts according to their usage:
- Cartridge. This is your mouth piece that also holds the liquids that are to be vaporized for your enjoyment. Since the cartridge holds specialized solutions, there are to ways to refill it: either by screwing a new pre-filled cartridge into the atomizer or by refilling it.
- Atomizer. This is the part that “heats up” the cigarette, thus vaporizing the liquids in the electronic cigarette. Since this is positioned in between the power supply and the cartridge, it has a filament inside it that is responsible for turning liquid into vapor. However, there is a tendency that the atomizer’s filament wears down after succeeding uses to
- Power Supply. The power supply is pretty self explanatory. It houses the batteries that are needed to power the atomizer, thus letting it unleash vaporized liquids from the cartridge out the mouth piece.
Appeal with Smokers
E-Cigarettes are appealing to smokers for several obvious reasons. These kinds of cigarettes not only prevent you from harmful carcinogens but it allows you to have better health on top of a more inexpensive way of smoking.
- It’s cheaper than a cigarette. You can have thousands of dollars per year with these things. Although there are certainly replaceable parts in e-cigarettes, they are far less inexpensive to replace rather than buying cigarette packs.
- It’s great for people who want to break the habit. Believe it or not, e-cigarettes can actually help in kicking smoking as a habit. Since they simulate the feel of smoking the cigarette, they help ease the withdrawal process in contrast to abstaining or going cold turkey on the whole deal. Nicotine levels can be managed depending on how much concentration is in the solution.
- Gives you range of flavors. Not only can you manage how much nicotine you consume when using e-cigarettes, but you can also choose from distinct flavors thanks to its vaporization technology. Aside from the feel of tobacco, it has also flavors that simulate the feel of menthol, coffee or even vanilla.
What most people don’t know is the potentiality of electronic cigarettes of saving lives thanks to its more harmless approach to smoking. This can also work well for people who have tried many times to quit but can’t manage to do so or are constantly bombarded by relapse issues.
What makes electronic cigarettes appealing is not because they contain can contain nicotine and are smokeless for the most part, but they can help wean you off that bad habit without feeling the kick of reduced amounts of nicotine from your system.